A month long fasting routine is refreshing and challenging at the same time for Muslims. On some days, Muslims may not be able to do all they can due to lack of energy level, and some days they may lose sleep because of change in sleep cycle.
Give a Warm Welcome
As Muslims always greet your family, friends, co-workers who celebrate with you, you should wish them a blessed and healthy Ramadan. Do not say “Ramadan Kareem” or just “Ramadan Mubarak” (Happy Ramadan). Sit with them and spread happiness and kindness.
Be Nice and Humble
Going on a routine where you aren’t on the way with some way on meal with you like a cup of coffee in the morning, tea and water can be stressful, and some people may lose control because it was in their morning regime and now it’s not there so it could make them go impatient, but give them a chance to be rethink and stay patient because they may not be able to work at their normal speed.
Always Respect other People Emotions
Ramadan is about self-control. That’s why where most people roam around with holding a fast and don’t want to get bothered at all, so try not to test the patience of each other and give respect to get the same back in this month, not for your self-esteem but for Allah’s Happiness and Blessings.
Change your Schedule
If you are up for a meeting and you know that it’s going to be a long meeting with client and will take hours, you can postpone this to post iftar hours so that the next person feels comfortable and show up with more energy and confidence.
Additional Do’s and Don’ts pertaining Sehar and Iftar
- Eat foods rich in protein such as eggs that will keep you full and satisfied throughout the day.
- Another option is fiber rich cereal or oatmeal. It increases the digestion and keep your cholesterol and glucose levels low.
- Dairy products also have a high amount of healthy food. Go with a yogurt or milkshake to keep yourself hydrated and full during the day.
- Do not exercise too much in the state of fast because your body is already on consumption mode, continuously gaining the energy from your reserves and father workout won’t get compensated by your natural body steroids and eventually make exhausted quickly.
- Drink plenty of water rather than other composed drinks.
- Adding vegetables such as lettuce and cucumbers will help keep your body cool and refreshed
- Avoid sugar intake and white flour. This includes cakes, donuts and croissants. They contain essential nutrients and last for only about three to four hours and does not provide you long term energy.
- Caffeinated beverages such as coffee and lead to awareness and relaxation. They also keep you away from water.
- Avoid carbonated beverages and other frizzy drinks to kill your thirst and stay away from sugary foods such as chocolates and sweets.
Fried foods should be avoided or eaten suck as pakora, samosa, jalebi etc.